June 23rd South to Delaware!

On Sunday, June 23rd we packed up the rv and headed south in search of warm weather to Cape Henlopen State Park on the Delaware seashore.  It was an interesting park, containing an old Fort Miles gun embankments along the coast.  I did not realize how close to our country the WWII had come!  We camped in two sites as the park is very popular during "high season".  On the first night, we were in F4 next to a young couple with a toddler.  At some point in the early evening the young father came over and asked me if I had any tools.  Elaine rolled her eyes and I got to work helping fix a propane lantern.
Yes I carry tools!  Elaine insisted that I show some of them to you.


The next morning we were sitting under the awning reading when a bird decided to relive itself on top of my head and unfortunately for me I was not entirely under the awning and did not have a baseball cap on.  Much clean up ensued.  That was a precursor to the day.  

We had to change sites as the park was very crowed and the only way I got in was to book each night on a separate site.  That was a blessing because we decided to drive down to the beach which was nearby and have a beach day.  Sometimes situations have to force you out of your comfort zone.  This time for the good.  We had a great afternoon at the beach.

The parking lot at Cape Henlopen beach had plenty of spaces.

The beach at Cape Henlopen

Even trucks get to park on the beach! 


Our usual beach selfie.

This is  a significant picture marking the official start of my summer relaxation as I take my first nap on the beach.


Our new site at A23.
So the third notable event of the day was the site across from us decided to have a domestic dispute mostly carried on by a young father of two small toddlers.  After two park police, two park rangers and a K9 dog showed up, the family left and the day returned to normal.  This is something we have never experienced in all our days of camping.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

June 30th, July 1st: Ken & Marion Hanscom's Place in Belington WV

July 18th: Winnebago Factory Tour, Forest City, Iowa